大学英语2课后句子翻译复习过程

发布时间:2020-02-14 00:10:09

大学英语2

1) 美国人一般早早就安排好他们的退休生活。

Americans usually make plans for their retirement well in advance.

2) 他们通常被看做最有希望的歌手。

They are commonly regarded as the most promising singers.

3) 我从你的推荐人那里听说雇主曾给他们打过电话。

Ive heard from your references that the employer had called them.

4) 请告诉我们具体时间,以便我们做好适当的准备。

Would you please inform us the exact date so that we can make proper arrangements.

5) 我们对出席派对人数的估计与实际来的人数相差了一大截。

Our estimate of how many people would show up at the party missed by a mile.

6) 只要不成为阅读负担,你的报告可以包括足够多的细节。

Your report can include enough details without being a burden to read.

Page21:

6 .Pay attention to the italicized parts in the English sentences and translate the Chinese sentences by simulating the structure of the English sentences.

1.

Although invitations are usually sent through the mail, informal invitations such as e-mail and phone invitations are becoming more acceptable.

(虽然邀请函通常通过信函方式发出,但目前像电子邮件、电话邀请 等非正式邀请越来越被普遍使用。)

Although he has only studied English for two years, he can speak it quite well now.

(虽然他学习英语仅2年,但是他现在英语讲得相当好。)

▲虽然生态环境有所改善,但生态安全状况仍然严重。

Although the ecological environment was becoming better, the problems were still serious.

尽管天色已晚,我还是有点想出去

Although it is late, Id quite like to go out.

2.

For most formal occasions, its best to invite guests three or four weeks in advance.

(大多数正式场合,最好提前三到四个星期发出邀请。)

Its best to slice into a rich cake from the middle.

(最好从中间切油腻蛋糕。)

▲在中午太阳光线很强的时候,你最好避免外出。

Its best to avoid going out in the strong midday sun.

▲如果你应邀去参加正式的聚会,你最好穿上西装,打上领带。

If you are invited to a formal party, its best to wear a suit and a tie.

3.

A company can use any color of paper it desires, as long as it upholds and promotes the companys image.

(公司可以选择使用自己想要的任何颜色的纸张,只要它有利于维护和提升企业的形象。)

Your college or university will provide a report about your education as long as you continue to study there.

你的学院或大学将为你提供成绩报告单,只要你继续在哪里学习。)

▲只要我还有钱维持, 我就在墨西哥待下去。

Ill stay in Mexico as long as my money holds on.

▲只要我还活着,我就不会忘记那件

Ill never forget that as long as I am alive.

4.

Either use the address or phone number printed in the lower left corner of the invitation or return the RSVP card sent with the invitation.

(可以使用邀请函左下角的地址或电话号码回复,或者用邀请函所附的回复卡回复。)

The interviewers will either ask you some basic questions about yourself or ask you to give a brief self-introduction.

(面试者可以向你提问一些个人的基本问题或者要求你做一个简单的自我介绍。)

▲她不是今天来, 就是明天来。

She is coming either today or tomorrow.

▲你会说英语或者法语吗?

Can you speak either English or French?

5.

Never ask to bring a guest unless the invitation states Mr. Louis Winthorp and Guest.

(如果邀请函上没有说明“邀请某某先生和朋友,就不能向邀请方要求带客人。)

People will never improve themselves unless they look to some higher standards.

(除非考虑更高的标准要求自己,否则人们将永远无法提高自身的水平。)

▲你如果不努力,决不会成功。

You will never succeed unless you work hard.

▲我有一个朋友从来不锻炼,除非她去进行马拉松训练。

I have a friend who never exercises unless shes training for a marathon.

6.

Showing up with an uninvited friend could turn out to be an embarrassing situation for everyone.

(如果带上未受到邀请的朋友出席,就会造成让大家都尴尬的局面,)

Whatever the facts turn out to be, we make them public regardless of the consequences.

(无论事实的结果怎样,在不考虑后果的情况下,我们会将事实公布于众。)

▲如果你说有空,而结果是邀请你参加你不喜欢的活动,那么你就会处于一种反悔的境地。

If you say you are free and the invitation turns out to be something you hate to do, then you will be in a position to take back your acceptance.

▲那些看起来很现代的建筑实际是由木头、稻草和泥土建造的。

Several of the modern-looking buildings turn out to be made of wood, straw and mud.

Unit 2

1) 就我个人而言,我将永远都习惯不了退休。get used to

Personally, I will never get used to being retired.

2) 你想找个机会去中国西南部发现一个神奇又美丽的地方吗?the chance to discover

Would you like the chance to discover a place of mystery and beauty in the southwest of China?

3) 你学习英文时,会发现把英文句子逐字翻译成自己的母语并不是聪明的办法。word for word

When you are learning English, you do not find it clever to put an English

sentence word for word into your own language.

4) 如果我可以重提我们刚才讨论过的问题的话,我认为我们应该尽一切努力

保护大熊猫。refer back to

If I might refer back to the problem we were discussing, I think we should make every effort to protect pandas.

5) 我们有没有一些线索可以串联起来,以便更好地理解这件事?clues and hints, piece together

Are there any clues and hints for us to piece together to gain a better understanding of the matter?

6 Pay attention to the italicized parts in the English sentences and translate the Chinese sentences by simulating the structure of the English sentences.

1

Either way, its not an interactive conversation.

(无论是哪种方式,都不是互动对话。)

Either way, without the needed technology we can do nothing.

(无论哪种情况,没有必备的技术我们都是无能为力的)

无论哪种情况下,这位女士都得一直站着,直至另外有人下车。

(Either way, the lady will have to stand until someone else gets off.)

无论哪种情况,许可证和检查都是需要的。

(Either way, a permit and inspection would be required.)

2

.Too many e-mail users assume that the minute someone receives an e-mail, the person will read it.

(有太多电子邮件用户认为,人们收到电子邮件就会马上阅读)

I wrongly assumed that the minute he finished his paper, he would hand it in to me.

(我错误的认为他一完成论文就会交给我。)

我想当然地认为,你一到家就会告诉他我需要见他。

(I assumed that the minute you went back home, you would tell him I needed to see him.)

这里的服务员似乎认为客人一坐到桌旁就喜欢先喝一杯茶。

(The waiters here seem to assume that the minute guests sit down at the table, they would prefer to have a cup of tea.)

3.

The chance that all the participants will read that message within the hour will be pretty small.

(所有与会者都能在一小时内读到该邮件的几率是很小的)

The chance that they will receive the invitation in time will be pretty high.

( 他们及时使收到邀请函的几率是很高的)

他被这所大学录取的机率将会很小。

(The chance that he will be admitted to this university will be pretty small.)

他被提升为公司总经理的机率将会很大。

(The chance that he will be promoted to the General Manger of the company will be pretty high.)

4.

It has no way to know if the person has read the message word for word.

(它无法知道对方是否逐字阅读了邮件的信息)

We have no way to guess what she was like in her younger years.

(我们无法猜想她青年时长的什么样子

他们没有办法证实他所说的是否属实。

(They have no way to confirm whether his saying is true.)

即使天才的科学家也无法精确地 (precisely) 预测未来。

(Even talented scientists have no way to precisely forecast the future.)

5.

All it can do is assure you that the person has looked at the first screen of the message.

(这个功能所能做的只是使你明确对方已经看了邮件的首屏)

The doctors could not cure his disease. All they could do was delay his death for a few months.

(医生无法治愈他的病,他们所能做的是延长他的生命

我所能做的就是保持笑脸。

(All I can do is keep a smiling face.)

我们没有办法处理它,唯一能做的是去适应它。

5. Translate the following sentences into English.

1) 请给家里打个电话,告诉他们我正在去公司的路上。on the way to

Please dial home and tell them I’m on the way to the company.

2) 从那时起生产就一直没有倒退过。

Since then there has never been any setback in production

3) 我看见他把钥匙插入锁中。

I saw him insert the key into the lock.

4) 我建议你把钱存入银行。

I suggest that you make a deposit at / with the bank.

5) 你可以将这些扬声器与你的激光唱机连接起来。

You can connect these speakers to your CD player.

6 Pay attention to the italicized parts in the English sentences and translate the Chinese sentences by simulating the structure of the English sentences.

1)

The park was filled with people talking on their cell phones.

(公园里挤满了用手机谈话的人)

The hall was filled with young people watching the performance.

(大厅挤满了看表演的年轻人)

大厅里挤满了等待面试的学生。

(The hall was filled with students waiting for the interview.)

村子的广场上挤满了看世界杯足球赛的人。

(The square of the village was filled with people watching the football match of the World Cup.)

2)

The telephone used to connect you to the absent.

(电话过去常用来让你联系不在身边的让人)

I used to write poems when I was his age.

(我过去向他这样年龄时,经常写诗)

过去我们常常种漂亮的玫瑰花。

(We used to grow beautiful roses.)

过去彼得常常到那个小镇去。

(Peter used to go to the small town.)

3).

Why is it that the more connected we get, the more disconnected I feel?

(为什么我们联系的越多,我们越是感到失去了联系

Why is it that the temperature in the room is rising higher and higher?

(为什么室内的温度越升越高)

这个结论为什么会是错的呢?

(Why is it that this conclusion is wrong?)

她为什么会比我唱得还好呢?

(Why is it that she can sing better than I?)

4).

As almost every conceivable contact between human beings gets automated, the alienation index goes up.

(随着几乎所有人与人之间可以想象到的联系变的自动化,疏远的指数就上升了

This thought grew as the days passed.

(随着时光的流逝这种想法就产生了)

随着我对他的进一步了解,我发现我对他的第一次印象是正确的。

(As I knew him better, I discovered that my first impression of him had been / was right.)

随着年龄的增长,我们变得更聪明。

(We get wiser as we get older.)

5)

Why say good morning to the attendant when you can swipe your credit card at the pump and save yourself the bother of human contact?

(既然你可以用信用卡在加油泵旁自动刷卡,免除与人打交道的麻烦,何必还要对加油站的工作人员打招呼呢?

Why talk to a clerk who might live in the neighborhood when you can just insert your card into the ATM?

(既然你可以将信用卡插入取款机取款,何必还要和可能与你同住一个街坊的银行职员说话呢

既然能用塑料,何必非要用木料呢?

(Why use wood when you can use plastic?)

既然你能自己做,何必非要让我做呢?

(Why ask me to do it when you can do it yourself?)

6).

Its their unintended consequences that make me cringe.

(正是这些通讯设备无意中带来的后果确实我感到害怕。)

It was last night that John phoned her sister.

(就在昨天晚上约翰打电话给他的姐姐)

是比尔写的那篇文章使她出名了。

(It was the article written by Bill that made her famous.)

是上周一杰克接到玛丽发来的一个电子邮件。

(It was last Monday that Jack received an e-mail from Marry.)

Unit 6

1) 医疗网可以使病人共享信息和相互给予支持。

The medical website enables patients to share information and offer each other support.

2) 我很高兴你和我们一起去。你不会因此后悔的。

I’m glad you’re going with us. You won’t regret it.

3) 那是她所体验过的最奇妙的感觉。

It was the most wonderful feeling she had ever experienced.

4) 他以科普小说而闻名。

He is known for his popular science novels.

5) 二十年后他还能清楚地记起这件事。

Twenty years later he could still clearly recall the event.

6) 那首歌总是让我想起我们的第一次约会。

That song always reminds me of our first date.

6 Pay attention to the italicized parts in the English sentences and translate the Chinese sentences by simulating the structure of the English sentences.

1It is really worth breaking up your Expo visit with trips to the Bund, to Nanjing East Road, to ultra-modern Pudong, maybe even to neighboring Hangzhou and Suzhou.

(的确值得把你参观世博会的时间分一点去游览一下外滩,南京东路,超现代化的浦东,甚至邻近的杭州和苏州

It is worth talking with your financial adviser before making your final decision.

(在你做最后确定之前,值得与你财务顾问谈一谈

这个地区的许多小镇绝对值得去参观一下。

Many of the small towns in the area are definitely worth visiting.

在签合同之前,你核查一下合同中的详细条款是值得的。

It’s worth checking the details of the contract before you sign it.

2Believe me: the Expo itself will wear you out after Day One.

(请相信我:第一天参观世博会以后就会把你累垮

And believe me, my wife does not enjoy reminding me twice.

(请相信我,我的妻子不喜欢提醒我两次

当他们发现这件事后就会有麻烦了,相信我。

Believe me, there’ll be trouble when they find out about this matter.

这一切会惹出许多麻烦,相信我。

Believe me, all this is going to cause a lot of problems.

3With over 200 pavilions and such limited time and such long lines, you dont want your day at the Expo site to go to waste.

(由于有两百多个展馆,而时间又那么有限还有那长长的队伍,你不想把你在世博园的那一天白白浪费掉。

The Africa pavilion reminded me of a college activities fair, with booths and stands for individual countries.

(非洲馆里的各个国家的展台和摊位让我想起大学校园里的集市活动。)

由于这项工作有那么多的不确定性,所以很难做出完整的计划。

(With all the uncertainties about this job, it’s difficult to make out a complete plan.)

她双手放在膝盖上,坐在那里面对面试官。

(She sat there facing the interviewer, with her hands on her lap.)

4)If youve been to France, theres no point waiting an hour to see the Fisher Price version of France in the French Pavilion (although still quite beautiful).

(如果你去过法国就没有必要排一个小时的队,去参观微缩版的法国了。(尽管这个展馆很漂亮)

Theres no point (in) paying rent on the apartment if youre not going to live there.

(你没有必要付房租,如果不打算住那儿的话)

为他担忧是没有什么意义的。

(There’s no point (in) worrying about him.)

我觉得再讨论下去已经没有什么意义了。

(There is no point discussing this any further, I’m afraid.)

5).Simply stated, the Shanghai Expo is a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

(简单的说,参观上海世博会是人生只有一次的经历)

Simply put, the tax cuts mean the average people will be about 3% better off.

(简单的说,减税意味着平均每人将减去3%的税收。)

简单地说,他被解雇了。

(Simply put, he was fired.)

简单地说,这就是我所能做的一切。

(Simply stated, this is all that I can do.)

Unit 7

5. Translate the following sentences into English.

1) 那个建议在会上未引起多大兴趣。

That proposal aroused little enthusiasm at the meeting.

2) 新来的军官很快赢得了士兵的尊敬。

The new officer soon earned the respect of his soldiers.

3) 全村很快便人心惶惶了。

Fear spread quickly through the village.

4) 现在主席要向大会发表演讲。

The chairman will now address the meeting.

5) 好教师总是鼓励学生独立思考。

Good teachers often encourage their students to think for themselves.

6) 我正想把实际发生的情况告诉他,但他打断了我的话。

I was going to tell him what really happened, but he cut me short.

7) 孩子们急切地等着儿童剧开演。

The children were waiting expectantly for the pantomime to start.

8) 她退休后去了佛罗里达,仍然过着忙碌的生活。

She retired to Florida and still led a busy life.

6 Pay attention to the italicized parts in the English sentences and translate the Chinese sentences by simulating the structure of the English sentences.

1.)

Before long, through the door came a tall, unimpressive-looking man of about 40.

(很快从门口走进一个高高的40来岁的男子,看上去其貌不扬。)

In the armchair sat his mother, reading a novel.

(她母亲坐在沙发张,看小说。)

树下躺着一位大约70岁的老妇人。

(Under the tree lay an old woman, of about 70.)

大门前站着两头石狮子,一左一右。

(In front of the gate stand two stone lions, one on the left and the other on the right.)

2).

His voice had a surprising tone of respect, almost as if he were addressing the Supreme Court instead of a group of youngsters.

(她的声音带有一种令人惊讶的、尊敬的口吻,仿佛是在高等法院发表演说而不是面对一群青年在讲话。)

After the interruption, the speaker kept on talking as if nothing had happened.

(在演讲被打断以后,演讲者继续发言好像没有发生任何事情一样)

他谈起来就好像他什么都知道。

(He talked as if he knew everything.)

你听到隔壁的音乐了吗?听起来好像他们在聚会(have a party)

(Do you hear the music next door? It sounds as if they’re having a party.)

3).

Most important, we are going to try to really get interested in reading and writing.

(最重要的是我们努力培养对阅读和写作的真正兴趣。)

More important, the computer must be a famous brand.

(更重要的是计算机必须是名牌)

最重要的是,孩子们要学习如何与别的孩子相处。

(Most important, children need to learn how to get along with others.)

更重要的是,他们需要长期的援助。

(More important, they need long-term assistance.)

4).

“Those who do, I venture to say, will lead far richer, fuller lives than they would otherwise.

(那些对阅读和写作真感兴趣的人,我敢说要比对阅读和写作没有兴趣的人会生活的更富有、更充实。)

I venture to say that by the year 2500 therell be more people living on the moon than on the earth.

(我敢说到2500年在月球生活的人会比在地球上生活的人更多。)

我可以冒昧提个修改意见吗?

(May I venture to suggest a change?)

我冒昧说您错了。

(I venture to say that you are wrong.)

5).

An unexpected feeling of excitement stirred in me.

(一种意想不到的激情在我心中荡漾.)

A strange feeling began to stir in him.

(一种奇怪的感情在他心中荡漾)

写作的愿望又一次在她的心中掠过。

The desire to write was stirring in her once more.

我的兄弟苦苦思索,但什么也没记起来。

My brother tried his best to think, but nothing stirred in his memory.

6).

During the term that followed, his enthusiasm spread through us like a contagion.

(在随后的学期里,他的热情感染了我们。)

Fear spread through the crowd like a contagion.

(人群中充满了恐怖的气氛)

这场大火很快蔓延到整个城区。

(The fire soon spread through the whole town.)

谣言很快传遍全村。

(The rumor spread quickly through the village.)

大学英语2课后句子翻译复习过程

相关推荐