The North Wind and the Sun 北风和太阳

发布时间:2015-05-28 17:57:06

The North Wind and the Sun

北风和太阳

It is a cold winter morning and the Wind is blowing strongly.

这是一个寒冷的冬日,风呼呼地刮着。

Wind: Blow away!Blow away!Ha, ha, ha!Look at those trees!They are shaking.

呼!呼!哈哈哈!看看这些树!他们在摇晃!

The Wind blows stronger.

风吹得更卖力了。

Wind: Blow away!Blow away!Look at those houses!They are also shaking.I am the strongest in the world.

呼!呼!看看这些房子。他们在摇晃。我是世界上最厉害的。

The Wind blows and blows. The weather becomes colder and colder.

风刮了又刮。天变得越来越冷。

Wind: I can shake trees and houses.I can even blow them away.I am the strongest in the world.

我能吹动树和房子。我甚至还能把他们连根拔起。我是世界上最强壮的。

The Sun comes along.

太阳出来了。

Sun: Hello there, Mr. Wind.It is very cold and windy today, isn’t it?

你好,风先生。今天非常冷,而且风很大,是吧?

Wind: Yes.I did it.

是的,那是我干的。

Sun: ReallyYou must be strong.

真的?那你肯定很厉害。

Wind: Yes.I am the strongest in the world.

当然,我是世界上最厉害的。

Sun: You may be strong, but I am stronger.

你或许很厉害,但是我比你更厉害。

Wind: Ha, ha, ha.You must be joking.

哈哈,你一定是在开玩笑。

Sun: No, I am not.I am the strongest.

不,我没有。我是最厉害的。

Wind: Well, then show me.What can you do?Can you blow away a tree? The Wind blows away a tree.

恩,那你展现给我看看。你会怎么做?你能吹倒一棵树吗?风吹倒了一棵树。

Wind: See! 看!

Sun: Wow!That’s great!I can’t do that.But I can melt snow.And I can help flowers grow.I can also bring spring.I am the strongest in the world.哇!真厉害!我办不到。但是我能让雪融化,我能让鲜花开放,我能带来春天。我才是这世界上最厉害的。

Wind: That’s nothing.I am the strongest in the world.

那没什么。我才是世界上最厉害的。

The Sun and the Wind keep arguing until a Stranger walks by.

太阳和风一直都在争论不休,直到一个陌生人经过这里。

Wind: I have an idea, Mrs. Sun.Do you see that man?

我有个主意,太阳先生。你看到那个人了么?

Sun: The one wearing the blue coat?

那个穿着蓝色外套的人?

Wind: Yes.Let’s make a bet.

是的,让我们来打个赌。

Sun: What kind of a bet?

什么样的赌?

Wind: Make him take off his coat.If you win, you are the strongest.If I win, I am the strongest. 让他脱掉外套。如果你赢了,你就是最厉害的,如果我赢了,我才是最厉害的。

Sun: That sounds interesting.If I win, stop blowing so hard.

那听起来很有趣。如果我赢了,你要停止刮大风。

Wind: I promise. 我保证。

Sun: You go first. 你先。

Wind: Are you sure? 你确定?

Sun: Of course. 当然。

Wind: Okay then.I will go first. 好的,那我先。

The Wind blows as hard as he can. But the harder the Wind blew, the more the man wrapped the coat around him. 风使劲地吹着。但是它吹得越起劲,那人越是把外套紧紧地裹着。

Wind: What’s the matter?Why isn’t the coat coming off?

怎么回事?为什么没有脱外套?

Stranger: The wind is strong today.I am cold.Brrr..

今天的风好大啊。我好冷。(冷颤)

Wind: I’ll try harder.

我更使劲吹吹看。

Stranger: Achoo!It is getting colder.I better hold on to my coat.

啊嚏!更冷了。我得裹紧我的外套。

Wind: Blow away coat!Blow away!

把外套吹走!吹走!

Sun: It’s no use. 没有用的。

Wind: I’ll try one last time. 我最后再试一次。

Sun: This is your last chance. 这是你最后的机会。

Wind: Okay.I will blow harder. 好的,我会使劲吹。

The Wind blows as hard as he can, but the Stranger’s coat doesn’t blow away.

风使劲地吹着,但是这个陌生人的外套并没有被吹落。

Sun: You are very strong, Mr. Wind.But sometimes strength is no use.It’s my turn now.I’ll try.

你很厉害,风先生。但是有时候,力量是没有用的。现在轮到我了。我会试试。

Wind: Go ahead.It won’t be easy.

随便,这不会很简单。

The Wind is a little worried.

风开始有点担心了。

Wind: (murmur)What if she wins?No, that can’t be.

(自言自语)如果她赢了呢?不,她不可能。

The Sun shines gently on the Stranger.

太阳使劲照耀在陌生人身上。

Stranger: What happened to the wind?The sun is out now.It is getting warm.Gee, what a strange day!

这风怎么了?太阳出来了,现在变得暖和了,哇,好奇怪的天气!

The Stranger looks up at the Sun and fans himself.

陌生人看看太阳,对着自己扇起来。

Stranger: It’s getting warmer.I can’t stand it!

开始变热了。我坚持不住了!

The Stranger starts loosening his coat button.

陌生人开始松开他外套的纽扣。

Wind: I don’t understand.You didn’t do anything.

我不明白,你什么都没做。

Sun: Strength is not everything.Just watch.

力量并不代表一切。你看着。

The Stranger loosens all of his coat buttons. The Sun keeps shinning on him.

陌生人解开了他所有的纽扣,阳光继续照耀在他身上。

Stranger: I am still hot.It’s like spring.I must take off my coat.

我仍然很热。就像是春天。我得脱掉我的外套。

Wind: He is taking off his coat!I don’t believe it.You didn’t do anything.

他正在脱外套!我不敢相信。你什么都没做。

Sun: Yes, I did.I gave him sunshine.I made him warm.I said strength is not everything.

不,我做了。我给了他阳光,我让他感到温暖,我说过力量并不代表一切。

Wind: You were right.Strength is not everything.You win.You are the strongest in the world. 你是对的。力量不代表一切。你赢了。你是世界上最厉害的。

Sun: Thank you.I can’t blow away trees.But I can make people warm and happy.So they all love me.

谢谢。我吹不倒树。但是我能使人们感到温暖和快乐。所以他们都爱我。

Wind: From now on, I will blow gently. 从现在开始,我会温柔地吹风。

Sun: And I will shine gently.Spring will come soon. 春天就快来了,我也会温柔些。

The Sun shone and the Wind blew gently. Spring was around the corner.

太阳照耀着,风轻轻吹着,春天笼罩着整个大地。

MORAL: Strength isn’t everything.

寓意 :仁慈、温和与说服胜过强迫

The North Wind and the Sun 北风和太阳

相关推荐