北风与太阳中英文对照

发布时间:2020-02-22 07:21:50

The North Wind and the Sun

北风和太阳

It is a cold winter morning and the Wind is blowing strongly.

这是一个寒冷的冬日,风呼呼地刮着。

Wind: Blow away! Blow away! Ha, ha, ha! Look at those trees! They are shaking.

呼!呼!哈哈哈!看看这些树!他们在摇晃!

The Wind blows stronger.

风吹得更卖力了。

Wind: Blow away! Blow away! Look at those houses! They are also shaking. I am the strongest in the world.

呼!呼!看看这些房子。他们在摇晃。我是世界上最厉害的。

The Wind blows and blows. The weather becomes colder and colder.

风刮了又刮。天变得越来越冷。

Wind: I can shake trees and houses. I can even blow them away. I am the strongest in the world.

我能吹动树和房子。我甚至还能把他们连根拔起。我是世界上最强壮的。

The Sun comes along.

太阳出来了。

Sun: Hello there, Mr. Wind. It is very cold and windy today, isn’t it?

你好,风先生。今天非常冷,而且风很大,是吧?

Wind: Yes. I did it.

是的,那是我干的。

Sun: ReallyYou must be strong.

真的?那你肯定很厉害。

Wind: Yes. I am the strongest in the world.

当然,我是世界上最厉害的。

Sun: You may be strong, but I am stronger.

你或许很厉害,但是我比你更厉害。

Wind: Ha, ha, ha. You must be joking.

哈哈,你一定是在开玩笑。

Sun: No, I am not. I am the strongest.

不,我没有。我是最厉害的。

Wind: Well, then show me. What can you do? Can you blow away a tree?

恩,那你展现给我看看。你会怎么做?你能吹倒一棵树吗?

The Wind blows away a tree.

风吹倒了一棵树。

Wind: See!

看!

Sun: Wow! That’s great! I can’t do that. But I can melt snow. And I can help flowers grow. I can also bring spring. I am the strongest in the world.

哇!真厉害!我办不到。但是我能让雪融化,我能让鲜花开放,我能带来春天。我才是这世界上最厉害的。

Wind: That’s nothing. I am the strongest in the world.

那没什么。我才是世界上最厉害的。

The Sun and the Wind keep arguing until a Stranger walks by.

太阳和风一直都在争论不休,直到一个陌生人经过这里。

Wind: I have an idea, Mrs. Sun. Do you see that man?

我有个主意,太先生。你看到那个人了么?

Sun: The one wearing the blue coat?

那个穿着蓝色外套的人?

Wind: Yes. Let’s make a bet.

是的,让我们来打个赌。

Sun: What kind of a bet?

什么样的赌?

Wind: Make him take off his coat. If you win, you are the strongest. If I win, I am the strongest.

让他脱掉外套。如果你赢了,你就是最厉害的,如果我赢了,我才是最厉害的。

Sun: That sounds interesting. If I win, stop blowing so hard.

那听起来很有趣。如果我赢了,你要停止刮大风。

Wind: I promise.

我保证。

Sun: You go first.

你先。

Wind: Are you sure?

你确定?

Sun: Of course.

当然。

Wind: Okay then. I will go first.

好的,那我先。

The Wind blows as hard as he can. But the harder the Wind blew, the more the man wrapped the coat around him.

风使劲地吹着。但是它吹得越起劲,那人越是把外套紧紧地裹着。

Wind: What’s the matter? Why isn’t the coat coming off?

怎么回事?为什么没有脱外套?

Stranger: The wind is strong today. I am cold. Brrr..

今天的风好大啊。我好冷。(冷颤)

Wind: I’ll try harder.

我更使劲吹吹看。

Stranger: Achoo! It is getting colder. I better hold on to my coat.

啊嚏!更冷了。我得裹紧我的外套。

Wind: Blow away coat! Blow away!

把外套吹走!吹走!

Sun: It’s no use.

没有用的。

Wind: I’ll try one last time.

我最后再试一次。

Sun: This is your last chance.

这是你最后的机会。

Wind: Okay. I will blow harder.

好的,我会使劲吹。

The Wind blows as hard as he can, but the Stranger’s coat doesn’t blow away.

风使劲地吹着,但是这个陌生人的外套并没有被吹落。

Sun: You are very strong, Mr. Wind. But sometimes strength is no use. It’s my turn now. I’ll try.

你很厉害,风先生。但是有时候,力量是没有用的。现在轮到我了。我会试试

Wind: Go ahead. It won’t be easy.

随便,这不会很简单。

The Wind is a little worried.

风开始有点担心了。

Wind: (murmur) What if she wins? No, that can’t be.

(自言自语)如果她赢了呢?不,她不可能。

The Sun shines gently on the Stranger.

太阳使劲照耀在陌生人身上。

Stranger: What happened to the wind? The sun is out now.It is getting warm. Gee, what a strange day!

这风怎么了?太阳出来了,现在变得暖和了,哇,好奇怪的天气!

The Stranger looks up at the Sun and fans himself.

陌生人看看太阳,对着自己扇起来。

Stranger: It’s getting warmer. I can’t stand it!

开始变热了。我坚持不住了!

The Stranger starts loosening his coat button.

陌生人开始松开他外套的纽扣。

Wind: I don’t understand. You didn’t do anything.

我不明白,你什么都没做。

Sun: Strength is not everything. Just watch.

力量并不代表一切。你看着。

The Stranger loosens all of his coat buttons. The Sun keeps shinning on him.

陌生人解开了他所有的纽扣,阳光继续照耀在他身上。

Stranger: I am still hot. It’s like spring. I must take off my coat.

我仍然很热。就像是春天。我得脱掉我的外套。

Wind: He is taking off his coat! I don’t believe it. You didn’t do anything.

他正在脱外套!我不敢相信。你什么都没做。

Sun: Yes, I did. I gave him sunshine. I made him warm. I said strength is not everything.

不,我做了。我给了他阳光,我让他感到温暖,我说过力量并不代表一切。

Wind: You were right. Strength is not everything. You win. You are the strongest in the world.

你是对的。力量不代表一切。你赢了。你是世界上最厉害的。

Sun: Thank you. I can’t blow away trees. But I can make people warm and happy. So they all love me.

谢谢。我吹不倒树。但是我能使人们感到温暖和快乐。所以他们都爱我。

Wind: From now on, I will blow gently.

从现在开始,我会温柔地吹风。

Sun: And I will shine gently. Spring will come soon.

春天就快来了,我也会温柔些。

The Sun shone and the Wind blew gently. Spring was around the corner.

太阳照耀着,风轻轻吹着,春天笼罩着整个大地。

MORAL

寓意

Strength isn’t everything.

仁慈、温和与说服胜过强迫

北风与太阳中英文对照

相关推荐